We’re shining a light on organizations, agencies, volunteers, resources, families, and individuals, that serve the disability community.
At the end of 2022, Pathfinder held nominations and awarded its first-ever, The Compass Award. The Compass Awards recognize the efforts and continued support of community collaborators with Pathfinder’s mission to provide disability resource information and support to individuals and families in Tennessee.
The first award presented by Pathfinder on December 20, 2022, is the The Compass Contributors Award. The 2022 nominees for the award, each have gone above and beyond to provide content to Pathfinder’s newsletter, The Compass. The nominees for this award was chosen by Pathfinder’s Communications Manager and based on analytical data of engagement from The Compass readers.
Here were the nominees:
- Tennessee Disability Coalition
- Carolyn Naifeh, Our Place Nashville
- Jolene Sharp & Emma Shouse, Tennessee Disability Coalition, and
- Tennessee Library for Accessible Books & Media.
The entire Pathfinder team voted and the winner of The Compass Contributors Award was Tennessee Disability Coalition!
Tennessee Disability Coalition is an alliance of organizations and individuals joined to promote the participation of individuals with disabilities in all aspects of life by offering the following programs:
- ADA Network: a collaborative group that carries out ADA implementation and enforcement strategies
- Public Policy: engages people locally at a grassroots level by providing the tools, training, and guidance to help them learn how to positively impact public policy and promotes the civic participation of people with disabilities through voting
- TN Family Voices: provides training and assistance to families in navigating service systems
- Brain Links: a statewide team of brain injury specialists that equips professionals with current research-based training and tools to help them feel better able to serve people with traumatic brain injury
The award recipient receives:
- an official nomination letter,
- a printable Award Certificate,
- a Pathfinder Pack (filled with Pathfinder swag & a small gift),
- a write-up in our January 2023 newsletter,
- an announcement posted on our media page, and
- social media announcement.
We are forever grateful for all our contributors.